Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A few things.

1. I got a printer. Not exciting enough for you? Well, this means I a) don't have to pay gasp-worthy amounts to internet cafes for a few damn pages and b) no longer have to pretend I still go to RMIT.

2. Other projects, which are still in development but are nonetheless exciting.

3. Fully embracing my brief break from the novel and brain-hemorrhaging on lots of America's Next Top Model.

4. I am convinced that America's Next Top Model (or ANTM) is perfectly equipped to break you down to your simplest components so your brain can be rebuilt from scratch. Like sniffing coffee beans to clear your sense of smell after too many perfume samples, or Pol Pot's Year Zero*. People have just laughed at me when I told them of my activities. But it is WORKING. Last night I read half a book (The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating, by Elizabeth Tova Bailey. Soul-lifting, mind-blowing and also just sweet). I owe it all to Tyra Banks and her torture of girls in the hopes of becoming America's. Next. Top. Model.



*Candace Petrik does not endorse Pol Pot or any other dictator, comments here are made due to a poor sense of humour and are not the opinion of the writer or any publisher who decides to give her heaps of money in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment